It used to be commonplace for IT teams to own the document management system. They would use a system like Lotus Notes by IBM, and then manage all configurations either internally or contract the work to external parties.
But before long, the cracks started to show, and many quality professionals have recognised a growing gap between the functionality of their system and the requirements of their organisation.
Accolade Wines, Honeywell and Yazaki are but a few organisations who have recognised the benefits of migrating their documentation from Lotus Notes to EQMS Document Manager, a highly configurable, off-the-shelf solution which enables you to track, search, retrieve, route, review, approve and annotate documents and technical drawings.
Why are so many organisations migrating their documentation to EQMS? We've put together 3 of the main reasons below.
1. We are compliance experts
A large majority of IT professionals do not have a background in compliance. This means that when your IT team configures a system like Lotus Notes, there is often a gap between the functionality of the system and your organisation's real compliance requirements. And unfortunately, it is often too-little too-late when an issue with the system is detected.
With EQMS, advanced compliance is built-in to the system:
- Document Audit trail: Full version control - retain each superseded document and also find out who, when and what was changed in a document.
- Flexible Workflow: Drive review and approval processes with system messaging which integrates with your email system.
- Works with Everything: Flexible API and web services integrate EQMS with your ERP, HR and or Financial Systems.
2. We will help you Spring Clean
Does the thought of migrating your online and offline documentation give you a headache? You are not alone. Many organisations have hundreds and even thousands of important documents in their Lotus Notes system which are duplicated, out-dated or siloed. Unfortunately, ignoring the issue will not make it go away.
Now imagine this - the lifecycle of every critical document is managed systematically. Even better, it has all been done for you by an expert.
Over the past 20+ years, our services team have migrated thousands of documents from Lotus Notes, SharePoint and desktops to EQMS Document Manager. They get under the skin of your processes and will support you as little or as much as you need to ensure your document management system is future-proof.
Following a best-practice approach, the services team at Qualsys will:
- Audit your Documentation Requirements: They will help you to prepare a document audit plan, conduct feasibility and scoping exercises and review your processes.
- Configure the System: The services team will help you to ensure the terminology in your document management system suits your organisation's requirements.
- Migrate all documentation: By extracting documentation from your legacy systems and uploading them to your EQMS, your system will be ready for you and your organisation.
For more information about our document migration processes, download EQMS Document Manager Datasheet here.
3. We are always investing
Businesses have an increasing number of requirements from their document management system. However, many IT teams do not have the resources to keep the system up to date.
EQMS is continually being enhanced. New features, resources and training guides are being produced to ensure our customers maximise their use of the system.
Customers can even request changes to EQMS in a number of ways, including:
- Account Managers: Every customer has a dedicated Account Manager who is available to help you maximise your use of EQMS. They will put forward your change requests and build it into the EQMS roadmap.
- Events: Qualsys hosts regular Development Forums and User Groups which gives you the opportunity to hear from other EQMS customers, the development team and the Directors at Qualsys.
- Annual Health Check: Every customer also has an Annual Health Check, which is where we audit your use of EQMS and help you to find more ways to optimise your document management system.
Ready to see how EQMS Document Manager can work for you?
If you are one of the many quality professionals who has found that Lotus Notes is no longer working to control your documentation, EQMS Document Manager could be the perfect solution.
To learn more, talk to one of our technical experts here.